News and Resources
Our Trusted Answers. Your Peace of Mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
You probably have a few questions about drugs, drug use, and the legalities of drug testing. Here are some of the frequently asked questions and our trusted answers. If you have any other questions or need more information, we’re happy to help you. Give us a call at 800.230.2991.
- What drugs can be detected and how long do they stay in someone’s system?
- What drug are most commonly used in the workplace?
- Is drug testing legal?
- Can a drug test be beaten?
- What is a chain of custody form?
- What is a medical review, who performs it, and why?
- What do sensitivity and cutoff mean in drug testing?
What’s the best way to stay up-to-date on drug testing and background screening laws, risks, and compliance issues? When is our next webinar? Where can you get training for training and drug testing administration? Sign up for our monthly newsletter. It’s a once-a-month briefing of everything you need to know about our employers solutions.
Resources and Links
From the Institute for a Drug-Free Workforce to the US Department of Transportation, we have links and resources you can use in your drug testing and background screening programs. If we haven’t provided the answer, you may find it on our resource page.
- Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace
- Statistics from the Sustance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Drug Data Sources from the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association
- United States Department of Transportation (USDOT)
- Positive Drug/Alcohol Test Checklist, North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT)
- North Carolina Controlled Substance Examination Regulation Act Packet (download PDF)